David McSavage: National Treasure – his all new comedy show
David McSavage is a self-proclaimed national treasure. It has been said he is to comedy what the Abbey is to theatre, maybe because he believes he’s more important than he is, or that the majority of the country doesn’t care about him.But unlike the Abbey theatre David’s best days aren’t behind him, his intention for this new show which he has yet to write is for you the audience member to feel “wow that was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen, it was so original, courageous and yet very flawed. I would really like to be his friend”
A regular guest on TV and radio shows in Ireland for many years, David has also appeared at all the major comedy festivals including the Edinburgh Festival and internationally in Australia, Germany, Japan and Scandinavia.
As an actor, this year he features in the film Calvary by John Michael McDonagh starring Brendan Gleeson. His other recent film roles in Traders, Gold and Our Robot Overlords.
The Savage Eye (RTÉ), has been critically acclaimed was nominated for an IFTA award for Best Entertainment Series and Best Director.
Film & Television credits:
- Don’t Leave Home 2018
- The Man Who Invented Christmas 2017
- I.T. (John Moore) 2016 starring Pierce Brosnan
- The Bastard Executioner (TV series) 2015
- Traders (Rachel Moriarty / Peter Murphy) 2015
- Robot Overlords (Jon Wright) 2015
- Gold (Niall Heery) 2014
- Calvary (John Michael McDonagh) 2014 starring Brendan Gleeson
- The Savage Eye (2009-2014) RTE Television
- Headwreckers (Channel 4)