PROPEL Artist Development Programme
The Strollers Network is Ireland’s largest consortium of Art Centres. It is a partnership made up of ten venues from across four regions of the country.
2022 will see the delivery of cycle 2 of the PROPEL Artist Development Programme. A newly established artist support initiative that utilizes the networks existing infrastructure, resources, and wider network partnerships to support the sustainable development of independent theatre makers working within the Irish theatre sector. The programme is delivered over three years, in three graduating cycles (early, mid, final). Supporting a maximum of three artists per year, over a three-year period. The aim of this programme is to strengthen the ecology of the Irish theatre sector by firstly supporting the development of new work by independent theatre makers, and secondly by supporting the long-term sustainable development of artists through capacity building and strategic professional development.
What the programme offers –
· Year 1 (2021/22) – €20,000 bursary to support the ‘early stage’ of development of artistic practice and professional strategic development.
· Year 2 (2022/23)- €10,000 bursary to support the ‘mid stage’ development of artistic practice and professional strategic development.
· Year 3 (2023/24) – €5,000 bursary to support the ‘final stage’ of development of artistic practice and professional strategic development.
· Access to development and rehearsal spaces in 10 Arts Centres across the country.
· Support and mentorship from a panel of experts in producing, fundraising, technical production, marketing, finance, cultural entrepreneurship, audience development and engagement, and strategic business development and management.
· An opportunity to present a work-in-progress performance or showing as part of a major festival.
CLICK HERE TO VISIT STROLLERSNETWORK.IE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND DETAILS ON HOW TO APPLY!
STROLLERS NETWORK MEMBERS
The Watergate Theatre
Belltable, The Lime Tree Theatre
Hawk’s Well Theatre
Linenhall Arts Centre
Riverbank Arts Centre
Solstice Arts Centre
The Source Arts Centre
VISUAL Centre for Contemporary Art and The George Bernard Shaw Theatre