Box Office Assistant
Watergate Theatre wishes to recruit a Box Office Assistant. Reporting to the Box Office Manager, the box office assistant will be primarily responsible for selling tickets for performances & events, providing the highest standards of customer service at all times and acting as a vital link between audience members, visitors and building users.
Post Title: Box Office Assistant
Responsible to: Box Office Manager and Executive Director
Role: To create and maintain a positive first point of contact for Watergate Theatre’s customers ensuring the delivery of excellent customer care; to ensure the smooth running of all Box Office systems; to work closely with the Box office manager to assist in any box office related tasks and to serve as an ambassador for the venue.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide an efficient box office sales service operating a computerised ticket system (Ticketsolve).
- To act as main reception for the Theatre and to answer all enquiries received at the Box Office via telephone/in person relating to The Watergate Theatre.
- To provide the highest standards of customer service to ticket buyers, visitors, artists and building users at all times.
- To report any issues, complaints or special requests to the Box Office Manager on a daily basis.
- To input and update the database as required.
- To reconcile and record transactions on a daily basis.
- To keep promotional material such as flyers, posters up to date in the box office.
- To carry out any other task which may be reasonably required by the Box Office Manager.
- To assist in calling customers in the event of a show cancellation that needs to be communicated.
- To make a positive contribution to the work of the Box Office team and Watergate staff as a whole.
Watergate Theatre is looking for a candidate with some experience working in a busy Box Office, ticketing, reception or sales role. However, training will be provided on current ticketing systems.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including first-class telephone manner.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- High level of computer literacy: the post-holder will be required to operate Watergate Theatre’s Box Office system and should have a good grasp of Ticketsolve or equivalent ticketing system; (Ticketsolve Training will be provided)
- Ability to work with a wide range of people.
- Ability to remain calm in demanding situations.
- Responsible and conscientious with good attention to detail.
- Sound cash handling experience.
- Flexible and willing to switch between tasks frequently.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Enthusiasm for the arts.
- Willingness to work additional hours for shows and other evening and weekend events if necessary.
Working Hours: 16 hours working week 4 hours per day Weds to Saturday 2pm -6pm to include some evenings in very busy periods, weekends and Bank Holidays as necessary (but note that regular attendance at concerts and other events organised and promoted by Watergate Theatre is expected.)
Please apply in writing, enclosing a CV, cover letter and the names and addresses of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 3rd March.
Interviews for successful applicants will take place between 8th- 10th March.